Thursday 6 October 2011

Use your Stuff challenge #5

Wow, hard to believe this is week 5 and I have completed all the challenges!!  Yeah me!!  I am not usually very good at doing what others tell me to do, but Michal has kept me focused and I have stayed on task.

This week I applied the challenge to one of my pages from my December Daily page from last year.  I think I am a little behind, because I'm only on page 14 of the month.  I thought I would keep it simple this last year having a standard page and then adding the pictures in different block formations.  Somehow I still ended up making it more complicated than it should be and did not get it finished.  However now that I am back on this horse again, maybe I will get it done by the beginning of December if I don't get distracted doing other things.....

Anyway here is my page for this week, sweet, simple and digital.


 

4 comments:

  1. Very Nice! I love christmas tree pictures they are so pretty.
    Good job keeping up with the challenges.... Now we just need to stop SHOPPING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Leigh-Ann, the project & the layout. You play really well with blocks. The cream background is awesome....wish the made that is paper form. Thanks for joining the challenge :)

    p.s.
    Is this a template?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is kind of my own version of an Ali Edwards template. I think this should take you to it

    http://www.designerdigitals.com/digital-scrapbooking/supplies/product_info.php/products_id/10703

    I designed it to be 8.5x11 and used the red outline as the starting point for all my pages. For the paper I blended several different papers to get the colour and the grunge look I wanted and saved that too. I then designed/scraplifted several block groupings that I liked and created templates that fit in the 8.5x11 format. When I am ready to design a page I figure out how many picture I want to use and then choose the grouping. (hope all that makes sense) - it is actually fairly quick to complete a page it is the choosing of pictures and journaling that takes me the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous layout!! I love the design. I love the big picture on the left side with the smaller ones on the other side.

    I love your new blog! The title made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete